Cannabis is one of the fastest-growing industries, globally. In 2021, governments across the world took steps toward legalization and investors doubled down (paywall) on backing the technology that is helping to propel the industry forward. The industry thrived despite an ongoing global pandemic, a supply chain nightmare and stalled progress on policies proposed to modernize the industry at the federal level. With the inevitable positive change on those fronts and a record-high percentage of Americans supporting legalization, the industry has the conditions in place to keep soaring to new heights in the coming year.
Cannabis Industry Statistics on Growth and Opportunity
- The global cannabis market size was $20.47 billion in 2020. (Fortune Business Insights)
- The global cannabis market is expected to increase from $28.266 billion in 2021 to $197.74 billion in 2028, at a compound annual growth rate of 32.04%. (Fortune Business Insights)
- The cannabis industry could add nearly $100 billion to the American economy by the end of 2022 and around $155 billion by 2026. (MJBizDaily)
- In 2020, North America had the largest share of legal cannabis sales worldwide, accounting for nearly the entire market. (Statista)
- California is the single largest cannabis market in the world – larger even than all of Canada. (Statista)
- North American cannabis companies raised more than $1.6 billion in January 2021 alone. (MJBizDaily)
|September 8 to 9, 2023||3rd Annual New Jersey Cannabis Convention||Atlantic City, NJ|
|September 13 to 14, 2023||Montreal Cannabis Expo||Montreal, QC|
|September 22 to 23, 2023||Lucky Leaf Expo - Albuquerque||Albuquerque, NM|
|September 29 to 30, 2023||2023 New York Cannabis and Hemp Convention||Albany, NY|
|October 6 to 7, 2023||CannaCon - MidWest||Detroit, MI|
|October 6 to 7, 2023||Lucky Leaf Expo - St. Louis||St. Louis, MO|
|October 7, 2023||CANNASTOCK||Woodstock, NY|
|November 22 to 25, 2023||Asia International Hemp Expo||Bangkok, Thailand|
|Nov 28 to Dec 1, 2023||MJBizCon||Las Vegas, NV|
|December 3 to 5, 2023||Ninth Native American Cannabis and Hemp Conference||Lahaina, HI|
|January 11 to 13, 2024||Lift - Vancouver||Vancouver, BC|
|February 22 to 23, 2024||Lift San Francisco||San Francisco, CA|
|March 22 to 23, 2024||New England Cannabis Convention||Boston, MA|
|April 5 to 6, 2024||CannaCon South - OKC||Oklahoma City, OK|
|April 26 to 27, 2024||Lucky Leaf Expo - Minneapolis||Minneapolis, MN|
|May 1 to 2, 2024||2024 Michigan CannaTech Expo||Mount Pleasant, MI|
|May 3 to 4, 2024||The Maryland Cannabis Convention||Baltimore, MD|
|May 17 to 18, 2024||CannaCon West - Albuquerque||Albuquerque, NM|
|June 19 to 21, 2024||CannaOne The Las Vegas Summers Show||Las Vegas, NV|
|August 16 to 17, 2024||CannaCon Midwest - St. Paul||St. Paul, MN|
Exhibit Design Planning Questions - Trade Show Event - Dates of Show - Show City – Venue - Booth Space/Booth Size
Messaging - What is your key message to your clients? What is the personality/brand of your company? Who is the target market at this show?
Functionality - What will you be bringing to generate interaction with attendees in your booth? Are you showing or demonstrating products, or conducting live or video presentations? Is storage space required? Will any hospitality be conducted in the booth? Do you need a private conference area?
Design - What are your corporate colors and brand image as conveyed in your literature and your website? Do you have design preferences for the exhibit, such as curvy versus straight-line designs? Are there any textures or designs you want to avoid?
Budget - What is your desired budget range for this booth and what does that include (structure, graphics, shipping, storage)?